Senior Digital Designer
Creative Team - London
Competitive Salary - Experience Dependant
We are a rapidly-expanding technology firm headquartered in the UK, with offices in the USA & Australia. We're looking to add a Senior Digital Designer to our London creative team.
The ideal candidate is likely to be a Multidisciplinary Digital Designer / Creative with a passion for creating beautiful, robust digital experiences (apps and websites) with a positive and effective user journey.
Capp / Role Description
Capp are an industry leader in producing innovative, award-winning assessment solutions. Established in 2005, we are currently about 120 strong – in a really nice sweet spot where we don't have the chaos and uncertainty of a start-up, nor the rigid hierarchies of larger corporations – it's a great place to work where people and creativity flourish.
What Capp do better than anybody else is identify and capitalise on the unique strengths of individuals. Some of the work we do is consultancy-based, helping large organisations to understand not only what their staff and applicants are simply able to do, but more importantly what they really love to do.
Reporting to the Head of Design for Product, we are looking for somebody to take a lead role in developing a range of innovations across our digital product initiatives. You will be required to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders including our Board of Directors, Engineers, Data Scientists, and Psychologists.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Relevant design qualification or equivalent experience
- Somewhere in the region of 8-12 years relevant industry experience
- Strong portfolio of work (website or PDF) clearly demonstrating design / creative capabilities and explaining involvement in each project
- Expert Adobe Creative Cloud user
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn; someone who questions the status-quo
- Keen general interest in Technology, Innovation and User Experience
- Good general understanding and interest in the capabilities, opportunities and limitations of the current industry-standard range of web and mobile technologies
- Excellent project management skills – able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously under pressure, ideally with experience working with Scrum / Agile
- Exceptional communication skills – our projects can be complex, often starting out quite abstract, so the ability and confidence to grapple with such information is a necessity
- Empathy for people – experience creating user personas, journeys, wireframes and prototypes to inform an effective and positive final experience/design
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience conducting ideation and product discovery workshops
- Experience conducting user testing, A/B testing and validation
- Animation / Motion Graphics / Videography skills
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and Portfolio with your salary expectations, and a brief note explaining why you think you could be a great fit, to Robin.Stephens@capp.co