Senior Digital Designer
Creative Team - London
Competitive Salary and Benefits
The Creative, Design & Innovation team is primarily based in our central London office. We’re a team of six and are in the process of adding two new roles, including this one for a Senior Designer.
Established since 2005, we still have something of a start-up atmosphere but we’ve grown to over 100 people. We recently opened offices in Australia and are about to open another in New York. The company brand will be going through a refresh imminently.
Capp is a consultancy of wonderfully smart, switched-on people who work to identify and capitalise on people’s unique strengths. We are all about understanding people and not only what they can do, but what they really love to do best. Large blue-chip organisations task us to research and develop the best, new and innovative ways to assess their current and prospective employees’ strengths and how to really make the most of them. We use a blend of online and in-person assessments, including Virtual Reality for which we are unique in our industry. Our programmes help to steer graduates applying to our clients’ organisations towards the first role in which they are most likely to excel, as well as helping established teams find effective and perhaps unexpected directions for progress and development.
The team is made up of two Heads of Design, in Brand and Product respectively, two Midweight Designers, as well as a Junior Designer and a Video Production Consultant based in our head office in Birmingham. The team is responsible for the design and production of exciting client collateral and resources, brand materials for Capp, and is heavily involved in developing new industry-leading digital products.
We are now looking to add a Senior Designer to the mix to support the Heads of Department and provide an even better service to our internal and external clients. This role is ideal for someone who’s looking to take the next step in their design career, who wants to take ownership of their work and flex their project management skills with the support of the Heads of Department and wider team. The new Senior Designer will primarily support the Head of Design – Product on internal and client/consumer-facing digital product development. They will also be required to support the Head of Design – Brand on Capp branded / marketing / new business materials as necessary.
As Capp is growing so rapidly there are often opportunities for career growth, development, specialism and ownership – it’s an exciting time to join and we’re looking for somebody with the drive and capability to make the most of this opportunity with some genuinely ground-breaking projects over the coming months.
- Work with the Head of Design – Product to scope, design, and produce innovative digital products
- Research/Develop UX/UI best practices to enhance the consumer experience
- Create style-guides, design principals and frameworks to support the Engineering team
- Work closely with Product / Project / Engineering teams to realise project goals and exceed Client expectations
- Run ideation workshops and create user personas and journey maps/flows
- Sketch, wireframe, and prototype following UX/UI best practices
- Estimate work, prepare and update project plans
- Have complete end-to-end ownership of UX & UI design and delivery for a variety of digital products
- Mentor Junior and Midweight Designers
Essential Skills and Experience
- BA or similar in Design / Creative Arts
- Relevant work experience (min. 8-10 years) in a similar role
- Strong project management skills with proven experience of taking jobs from concept through to delivery
- Experience in designing products and processes which reduce complexity in processes and convey complex information simply and elegantly
- Confident at prototyping, either on paper or fully interactive
- Expert level skills in Adobe Creative Suite including prototyping tools such as Sketch and InVision.
- Videography / Photography / Animation skills beneficial
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written
- Innate curiosity and desire to learn, someone who questions the expected and gets to the root of a problem quickly and efficiently
- Critical thinking with a view to the bigger picture while working on the finer detail
- An obsession for perfection, constantly striving to deliver pixel perfect work
- Passionate about good UX/UI
- Keen interest in technology and innovation
- The ability and appetite to work quickly and efficiently under pressure without compromising on quality
- A methodical approach to design and time management, identifying the most effective and efficient approach to each job
- Flexible and adaptable to working on a variety of projects for different media
- A conceptual thinker with an innovative approach to solving design problems confidently and creatively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills