part of the mindset suite
The Assessment for Technology Mindset was developed through an extensive literature review of the characteristics and attitudes of exceptional software developers, including the academic research literature, popular literature, and more modern blogs that identified characteristics and attributes of exceptional software developers.
For the final Technology Mindset assessment, five dimensions were identified as comprising exceptional Technology Mindset. These are:
- Problem Solving: These items assess the aptitude and affinity for solving problems
- Detail Focus: These items assess the aptitude and affinity for paying attention to detail
- Learning Languages: These items assess the aptitude and ability for learning languages
- Technology Affinity: These items assess the affinity for technology and technology developments
- Concentration: These items assess the ability to concentrate and focus
The Technology Mindset is relevant when looking to identify the differences required for people employed as software developers and the general population.
In validation tests, the Assessment for Technology Mindset was shown to differentiate significantly between people employed as software developers and the general population: General population sample: Overall Mean 65.29, Female Mean 62.35, Male Mean 67.80 compared to Software Developer Sample: Overall Mean 75.75, Female Mean 75.90, Male Mean 76.20